Hemlines have turned decidedly prudish this season, so if you’re a fan of flashing your pins, this trend may not be for you. To avoid looking like a cross between Miss Marple and your old R.E. teacher, pair your midi skirt with a simple vest top or a low-cut cardigan cinched with a skinny belt, or unleash your inner Angelina and opt for leather. And if you’ve still got frump-fear, a pencil skirt is the perfect way to stay the right side of prim… add a pussy bow blouse and some ladylike pumps, and you’re good to go.
1. Topshop black pleated midi skirt – £38
2. River Island brown herringbone skirt – £24.99
3. Next khaki mid-length skirt – £30
4. Oasis bow tucked pencil skirt – £45
5. Jigsaw silk chiffon floral print skirt – £99
6. Jasper Conran mauve rainwear skirt – £42